Sunday, January 23, 2005

Where I Stand After a Quarter Century

Today, I turned a quarter-century old (or halfway to fifty as the Stricklers put it), and provided this blog has an ambitious shelf-life I wanted a marker, something I could go back to each year to understand where I was and see the changes that have been made.

For that, I turn to James Lipton of Inside the Actor’s Studio, and the questionnaire with which he ends each night. The questionnaire invented by some French guy for some French radio show…

Phil (dramatic pause) what is your favorite word?

Asinine.

What is your least favorite word?

Dude.

What turns you on?

Intelligent conversation.

What turns you off?

Ignorance, and indifference to one’s own ignorance.

What sound do you love?

The ticking clock theme from 24.

What sound do you hate?

The noise of my dog, Scamp, barking at the raccoons at three in the morning.

What profession, other than yours, would you like to attempt?

Chicago Cubs’ play-by-play man. I’d say starting pitcher, but who are we kidding?

What profession, other than yours, would you not like to participate in?

Anything involving tips. Never again.

What is your favorite curse word?

Bullshit or horseshit. Any word involving animal excrement I find quite delightful.

Finally, if heaven exists, what would you like God to say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
“I suppose I have some explaining to do.”

No comments: