Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Good Day With a Splash of Irony

There's a rule in life. The minute you settle for something less than what you want, the original object of your desire will come calling. So, when you want a certain job, the rule says you won't hear from said job until you have another, less appealing employ. A month or so ago I interviewed for a studio crew position at KWQC Channel 6, the fillet of local news. Well, I never heard from them. So, I went about looking for other employ (nothing happened there), as well as applying to St. Ambrose's Radio and Television program (accepted). So, while Channel 6 was my dream entry level job, and I never heard back from them, I decided I should get a little more experience in TV in case the opportunity should present itself again.

So, this morning I called my R&T advisor to schedule an appointment for Monday morning, and not three minutes later... wait for it... KWQC called to offer me the studio job.

I start tomorrow afternoon.

And I can't stop smiling.

No comments: